INGREDIENTS
-1 medium onion, chopped
-1 tablespoon butter or margarine
-2 cups milk works with skim as well as whole
-1 cup Ranch salad dressing I used Hidden Valley because a)we had an enormous bottle of it and b) because it has more of a buttermilk flavor and spicy taste than the others.
-1 pound skinless, boneless trout fillets I've used cod and pollock
-1 can of clams drained
-1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts, thawed I've always used fresh, if you use frozen I probably wouldn't put it in at the very beginning
-1 cup cubed or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
-1 cup cubed or shredded Cheddar cheese I used sharp cheddar and didn't use the monterey jack b/c we didn't have any, the first time I made this I used a better quality sharp cheddar and it made the soup grainy (as well as collected the fatty grease at the top of it...eww), this time I used Kraft and it wasn't grainy or greasy.
-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
-Paprika also didn't use this
DIRECTIONS
In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to slow cooker; add milk, dressing, fish, clams, broccoli, cheese, and garlic powder.
Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until soup is bubbly and fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. What's important with the milk and ranch dressing is that you use a 2:1 ratio (or close to it), not so much that the measurements are exact, so you can make it as soupy or as thick as you want.
Finished Product:
No comments:
Post a Comment